Installation of WordPress With OpenLiteSpeed
WordPress is a free and open-source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It was released in 2003 under the second version of the GPL license. This tool combines simplicity for users and publishers which makes it flexible and easy to use. It is the most popular blogging system in use on the web at more than 60 million websites. WordPress is a powerful semantic publishing platform, it has a large set of features designed to help users to be a publisher on the internet as easy, pleasant and appealing as possible.
In this article, we will show you how to install WordPress instance using the OpenLiteSpeed web server.
To install OpenLiteSpeed, use OPENLitePanel script to setup OpenLiteSpeed + Apache* + MariaDB + PHP + Perl + phpMyAdmin + ProFTPD on any VPS.
We will start our article by listing some of the features that come as standard with WordPress:
- WordPress is characterized by its simplicity, it so easy and quick to be online an start publishing.
- You can create any type of website: a personal blog, a photoblog, a business website, a professional portfolio, a magazine or news website and many others. You can modify your website themes and extend them with plugins.
- WordPress is easy to install and upgrade. You can manage your content, create draft, schedule publication and look at your post revisions.
- You can make your content public or private, and secure posts and pages with a password.
- WordPress supports an extended version of the Blogger API, MetaWeblog API and the MovableType API.
WordPress Setup Process
- Create virtualhost / add domain - using lscreate command on server.
- Create Database - using createdb command on server.
- Connect FTP and upload WP application files downloaded from https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
- Do required changes in WP confiration file related to database connection.
In this article we showed you how to configure and install WordPress using the OpenLiteSpeed web server.