How to install OpenLiteSpeed web server in centos ?
OpenLiteSpeed is a high performance web server software. It is a lightweight application with low CPU and RAM usage, developed by LiteSpeed Technologies. It is fairly easy to install OpenLiteSpeed on a CentOS server.
OpenLiteSpeed comes with a lot of interesting features that helps us to manage our sites effectively.
Some of the features include -
- Page Caching – which improves the loading time of the sites thus enhancing performance.
- A WebAdmin interface.
- Apache compatible rewrite rules.
- It supports third-party modules through application programming interface.
Requirements for installing Open LiteSpeLiteSpeeded Web Server • CentOS 7 and 8
Intel: 80486 and up
PowerPC: PowerPC G4
32MB and up (go with 1 GB or more for best performance)
The installation process should take about 15-25 minutes if you run below command
bash <( curl -k https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openlitepanel/olpinstall/master/install.sh ) Enter / Paste - License Key ( PRODUCT KEY )
This scripts will install
- Openlitespeed web server (Latest stable version)
- ProFTPD (Latest stable version)
- MariaDB (Latest stable version)
- PHP 7.2 / 7.3 (Latest stable version)
- PHPMyAdmin 4.9.4 (Latest stable version)
- Simple Scripts to start|stop|restart|reload openlitespeed web server
- Simple Scripts to create|delete vhost
- Simple Scripts to create MySql databases
- Simple Scripts to create Let's Encrypt Certificate ( auto renew )
- Simple Scripts to create daily file backup of web directory ( Files )
- Simple Scripts to create daily MySql backup
- Simple Way to define Backup Retention Policy
- Simple Scripts to upgrade Openlitespeed version
- Upload backup on Google Drive ( Coming Soon )
- Plugins ( ADVANCED )
Access Openlitespeed web server
before access, create your username and password with this command
Your MariaDB root password is auto generated and stored in /root/.MariaDB
To Start Stop Web Server
This only symlink to /usr/local/lsws/bin/lswsctrl
type 'lsws help' to list command
To create Vhosts
/scripts/lscreate and fill your domain name, ftp username and ftp password.
To Install Let's Encrypt Certificate
/scripts/certbot Enter your domain, and certificate is auto installed to your domain.
To create Databases
To List Databases
To check server health and service status
Many more features.
PS. If you liked this post please share it with your friends on the social networks.